Monday 24 February 2014

It's Been a While.....

I feel like I'm getting back in the swing of things and at last have some things to report.

A bit more dyeing, with an 'e', for a start. This time a 12 step colour wheel covering the basic colours. As per Elizabeth barton's instructions the dyes are all mixed....


.....and cloth has been torn and labelled........


......the first session yielded this delicious result......like a handful of lollipops.......







The best results came from the scraps of silk organza - how I wish I had an excuse to dye metres of it........

The pale Arashi Shibori from the previous dyeing session was overdyed with pure dye solution and produced a much darker shade.......and looks quite dramatic - if I do say so myself.


 Back with more news soon,

Sue xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment