Sunday 7 June 2015

Good Ideas

Sometime good ideas take a while to make an appearance. They percolate around and around and finally pop out like a Jack-in-the-box and stop you in your tracks.

As I looked at the next two DWRs on the design wall I noted the number of pieces and how many trips I would have to make from design wall to machine and back and design wall and iron and back so that I didn't mix everything up.


As I wondered how much effort it would take (and if I could be bothered) to make a small, portable design board it dawned on me that I could use my new cutting mat as all the pieceswere already cut out.....and it would accommodate a 15" block - which the new DWRs are.

 That way I could sew  pieces together without disturbing the layout.



........... Also keeping the pattern visible but out of the way by putting it under the extension table for the machine........


Then moving the whole lot over to the iron to press and prepare for the next sewing stage.

So simple when I thought about it!!!

Sue xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment