Thursday 14 February 2013

Welcome to 'Dust Keeps the Furniture Warm'.

Welcome to my Blog and my first post. I am on a steep learning curve here so hope you'll bear with me (if you choose to follow) as I stumble along this path.

I have started this as a scrapbook or diary to record and help keep myself accountable as I stitch and experiment. Also to establish a platform for family (and anyone interested) to find out what I'm up and comment or offer constructive criticism or to ask  questions.  It's a place for me to post pictures of WIPs (Works in Progress), UFO (Unfinished works) and work that finally reaches completion.  It is also a place for me to document my travels, anything special from the kitchen or garden, or anything else that interests me and to communicate and share with like-minded people.

At this stage I don't know how often I'll blog - I'm not putting any limits or expectation on myself - and maybe this blog will become another UFO - only time will tell.

I attribute the blog title to my cousin Denise who said, as we discussed the state of our domestic situations, that in the grand scheme of  a professional working life with a young family that sometimes a bit of dust wasn't the most important thing we had to worry about "and anyway, dust keeps the furniture warm".

I'm retired now and have plenty of time to follow my interests - but funnily enough, my furniture is warmer than ever......

Let's begin.......

A couple of small diversions - seemed like good ideas at the time.

 Cushion finished - tick. Very happy with the more defined quilting lines created by using upholstery thread.
Free motion quilting sample - it's beginning to come together. (Thanks Carolyn.)


Placemats for Tim and Clare. I'm liking the moderrn focus on creating and quilting large areas of negative space.

See you next time,
Sue

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sue - love the title ... my house is definitely very cosy!!! and I'll be following to see how yours progresses as determined by the quilting posts!!!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete