Tuesday 18 June 2013

In Other News

Another quick, litttle quilty progress report - just for a change of pace.....(it takes a while to put the other big posts together...)

I finally started a flannel quilt for my number one (and only) son using improvisational blocks which will be sashed and bordered with a chocolatey brown.

I'm using this book as my springboard.......


......to make a quilt based around this idea, however there will be fewer, but larger, blocks.


My flannel stash had most of the focus fabrics already in it - luckily, because I am still on a fabric diet.......

The method involves cutting strips and rectangles of varying widths and and sizes and joining them in a fairly random manner, then trimming blocks to size later. I'm working on 11" finished size in a 5 X 6 block layout and wide sashing strips. (In my head it all works.)




                    Love flannels......



Blocks will look much like this - fortunately precision isn't necessarily a part of it - it's meant to look scrappy....

Also - half-square triangles finally together.....I'm not sure I achieved the value shift I was aiming for but feel it will look fine once it is quilted.

     
              (It will eventually become a cushion.)

Sue xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment