Thursday 14 March 2013

Almost there......

After running out of bobbin thread with half a block to quilt the scrappy trip is now on the home stretch - only the binding to stitch down.

I was very pleased with my FMQ progress, especially as I was using monofilament thread for the first time - and it's hard to see where you have already been. It's all finally starting to flow more naturally and I'm really happy to be getting a feel for the rhythm of it.


On Monday we played with developing techniques to create tiles for 'Tile Quilts'. Mine is a fused sample to remind me of the process - clearly more care will need to be taken with an actual project....... I have a feeling it's a design idea that could come into its own after our trip. (Anyone like to hazard a guess at how many photos of tiles I will come home with?? Should we have a guessing competition?? Some silk thread instead of jellybeans perhaps.)



Loved these tiles at a restaurant in Darling Harbour - 'Charlie' wandered in for his tapas, too - and was gently ushered out. He was obviously a regular there....... Great inspiration - love the mix of patterns and the earthy colours.



Also in Darling harbour...... flowers??? All beautifully carved from fruit and vegetables. I don't know how these soft fruits stand up to the complex treatment - a real art.




Watermelon anyone?

Or rockmelon perhaps?


That's all for now. I'm off to look for cord to edge the large, needlepoint cushion I wrote about earlier. (One day I'll know how to link you back to what I'm talking about if you are interested....still learning the program.)
 So til next time,
xxxx Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment